Mr. Melin studied law at the University of Kansas School of Law, graduating with his J.D. in 2014, in the top ten percent of his class. While in law school, Mr. Melin interned with the Finney County Attorney in Garden City, Kansas, and with the American Chamber of Commerce in the Republic of Georgia.
After law school, Mr. Melin first worked in a wide variety of practice areas in a firm in southwest Kansas and then as an Assistant Ford County Attorney in Ford County, Kansas, prosecuting cases ranging from speeding tickets to murder.
As a prosecutor, Mr. Melin handled many DUI cases and learned about the tremendous harm that can occur when someone makes the terrible decision to drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
In late 2017, Mr. Melin moved to the Kansas City area, joining a friend’s plaintiffs’ personal injury practice, and set about learning the legal and practical intricacies of practicing personal injury law.
Armed with that knowledge and experience, in late 2019, Mr. Melin subsequently joined Sanders.Law where he continues the tradition of helping those who have been injured by the negligent and reckless actions of others and holding wrongdoers accountable for their conduct to promote safety in the community.
Mr. Melin is licensed to practice law in the states of Kansas, Minnesota, and Missouri.
Mr. Melin is married and has one daughter. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends, playing chess, reading, and traveling.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
The University of Kansas, J.D., Lawrence, Kansas, 2014
- Order of the Coif (top ten percent of the class)
- Seven-time CALI Excellence for the Future Award Winner (top grade in law school course)
- International Trade and Finance Certificate
University of Kansas, M.A. 2008, Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
University of Kansas, B.A. 2006, Slavic Languages and Literature
- Graduated with Distinction (top 10 percent of the class) and with Honors from the University of Kansas Honors Program
- Summerfield Scholar
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
- Dobro Slovo National Slavic Honor Society
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Association for Justice
Call us at (816) 844-6938 today to get started with a FREE consultation. Our Kansas City accident lawyers care about victims and creating a safer community.