David L. JohnsonCivil Prosecutor
Kansas City Trial Attorney
Since his early childhood, David L. Johnson yearned to be an attorney. The career called to him in fifth grade when he spoke with two lawyers on career day. From that day forward he spent the entirety of his education with that goal in mind, focusing his studies on public speaking, debate, forensics, and mock trial. While attending law school at the University of Missouri-Columbia, Mr. Johnson received several recognitions in mock trial competitions, served on the Board of Advocates, and directed the 1L Moot Court competition. In the years following his graduation, Mr. Johnson has become a prestigious Kansas City civil prosecutor, representing clients in complex cases involving wrongful death, general torts, workers’ compensation, and more.
Early Legal Work
After law school, Mr. Johnson had the privilege to work with Circuit Court Judge Justine Del Muro as a law clerk. During this period he was able to witness the trial process first hand, and developed a strong empathy for the plight of injury victims. He later became legal counsel to a Special Assistant Attorney General for the Missouri Department of Revenue and litigated numerous cases against drunk drivers. This solidified his decision to represent injury victims and is now one of the most aggressive and effective lawyers at Sanders.Law.
Area(s) of Expertise
- Injury & Wrongful Death
- Insurer Negligence/Bad Faith
- General Tort
- Workers Compensation
- J.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, Certificate in Dispute Resolution, 2008
- B.S., Truman State University, 2005
- “Top Attorneys: Outstanding Young Lawyers in Missouri & Kansas,” 2015-2016
- Missouri & Kansas “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, 2014-2016
- Selected for “Lawyers of Distinction,” 2016
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas Association for Justice
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Christian Legal Society
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
Mr. Johnson is an active member of the community. He currently serves as a youth ministry leader and organizes numerous community outreach programs throughout the year. He is also involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City.
This work goes hand in hand with his career, where his helping everyday citizens stand against powerful corporations helps to create a safer community.
If you would like to schedule a meeting with Kansas City Trial Attorney David L. Johnson, call (816) 844-6938.