Born and raised in the Kansas City metropolitan area, Josh spent his early years developing his skills in advocacy by participating in speech and debate programs in high school. Following his graduation from the University of Missouri – Kansas City with his degree in English, he was a high school speech and debate teacher and head coach. Following two years of teaching, he pursued his lifelong dream of becoming a lawyer and, in 2019, graduated from the University of Missouri – Kansas City with his degree in law.
Following his graduation from law school, Josh was an assistant prosecutor in Christian County, MO, and Platte County, MO where he spent nearly every day in the courtroom handling a wide variety of criminal matters. After leaving criminal practice, he joined an insurance defense firm to learn the minds of the attorneys and adjusters he now negotiates, mediates, and litigates against. Wanting to help people, not corporations, Josh joined Sanders. Law to follow his calling and represent those affected by injustice while holding those responsible accountable for their actions.
Josh is married to the love of his life and has two children. An Eagle Scout, when not in the office or courtroom, is often found enjoying the outdoors with his family, fly fishing, sport shooting, or hiking and camping with a good cigar in hand.
University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2019
- Order of Barristers (Top ten oral advocates)
- Pro Bono Honors (Performed over 100 hours of free legal assistance to the community)
- Dean’s List
- Ben Ely Scholarship for trial advocacy and award-winning mock trialist
University of Missouri – Kansas City, B.A. in English, 2014
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Roo Idea Jump Entrepreneurial Competition, First Place
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association