Stephen G. SandersCivil Prosecutor
Kansas City Civil Prosecutor
To fully understand why Stephen G. “Steve” Sanders is a highly skilled and capable Kansas City personal injury attorney, you need to know his background and why it makes such a tremendous difference in how he litigates cases. After finishing law school in 2001, Mr. Sanders found his passion in fighting on behalf of the injured and trying to create real positive change in the lives of his clients and the community as a whole.
Steve’s Areas of Expertise:
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Insurance Vexatious Refusal to Pay claims
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Suing Drunk and Impaired Drivers
- Claims against Tired Truckers
From time to time, Steve volunteers as a pro bono lawyer for the homeless at Kansas City’s City Union Mission. A skillful teacher and presenter, when Steve is not teaching Trial Lawyer College courses, he can frequently be found teaching Sunday School, bible studies, and classes like Financial Peace University.
- One of Mr. Sanders’ most defining moments came when he represented an 8-year-old girl who was paralyzed by a vehicle. In an exceedingly complex product liability case, Mr. Sanders achieved a successful outcome while facing against one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers. As a result of his tremendous work in this case, Mr. Sanders was asked to become a founding faculty member for the Keenan Ball Trial College. He has since instructed numerous classes there and has been asked by attorneys across the country for help with their personal injury cases.
- In 2016, Mr. Sanders resolved a multi-million dollar case against one of America’s largest insurance companies. During this case he proved that his client was the victim of bad faith insurance and forced the offending company to change their policies so that other people would not be victim of the same mistreatment. Results like this is what Sanders.Law strives for in every case.
Fighting for Real Change
Mr. Sanders is first and foremost a teacher--- which is exactly what juries hope for in a jury trial. The key to a successful lawsuit is having an attorney that can clearly explain and educate their audience on the situation and demonstrate how the injured has been wronged. Mr. Sanders does not just want to win cases, he strives to make people understand how the injury happened and have those responsible change their ways so that it does not happen to someone else.
Undergrad: 1988, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, MO – B.A.
in Religious Education with a minor in Biblical Languages.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Graduate School: Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Masters of Divinity,
1993, Kansas City, MO.
Honors: Valedictorian – only the 10th 4.0 GPA earned in the history of the school.
Law School: 2001, Washington University in St. Louis and UMKC in Kansas
City, MO. Juris Doctorate.
Honors: Top 5% of graduating class; Tom Deacy award for outstanding appellate advocacy
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers 2010 through 2016
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates (Lifetime Member)
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AVVO Perfect 10.0 Rating
- Martindale-Hubble’s coveted “Judicial Recommendation” A-V rating for the highest ethics & skill in the courtroom
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Top 1% of Attorneys in the United States
- Named to the Top Lawyers in Missouri & Kansas several times
- Named to the 2017 Top Lawyers in Missouri by the Legal Network for Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence
- Christian Legal Society
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Faculty Member: Keenan Ball Trial College
Outside the Courtroom
Aside from his nationally recognized achievements as a Kansas City civil prosecutor, Mr. Sanders has achieved some fame for his record breaking video game skills. A dedicated (former) arcade player, Steve has formerly held world records in Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Joust, and Super Pac-Man. At only 17 years old, Mr. Sanders wrote the best-selling guide The Video master’s Guide to Donkey Kong, and in 2007 he co-starred in the award winning documentary “The King of Kong” as well as four other documentaries. He has five sons and works side by side at Sanders.Law with his wife Nancy Sanders.