Making Our Community Safer.
One Case at a Time.
CONTACT US TODAY
KANSAS CITY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
TAKE ACTION AGAINST DRUNK & NEGLIGENT DRIVERS
Car crashes often result in terrible injuries, including brain damage, spine injuries, and even wrongful death. Simply prosecuting at fault drivers is no longer enough. We need to make clear that driving drunk or recklessly comes with serious consequences and the victims deserve a fair recovery.
Call us at
(816) 844-6938 today to get started with a FREE consultation. Our
Kansas City car accident lawyers care about accident victims and creating a safer community.
At Sanders.Law, our Kansas City car accident attorneys exclusively represent victims of injury. We are passionate about providing the injured with dedicated legal assistance, and helping them overcome a difficult time.
As part of our commitment to the well-being of our clients and community, we strive to do our part to put impaired driving to an end once and for all. With more than 18 years of legal experience, we are prepared to assist you in your case.
WHY IT’S WORTH HIRING A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Insurance companies are responsible for paying the damages resulting from the actions of their policyholders. While the person at fault for the wreck may feel remorse and want to help, the insurance company rarely holds the same attitude and will try to argue that the victims should be blamed.
They will employ ever tactic possible to convince a court that their insured has done nothing wrong, which means you will need aggressive attorneys that can clearly demonstrate this crash could have and should have, been avoided. An experienced car accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
IS KANSAS A “NO-FAULT” STATE?
Yes. Kansas uses a no-fault car insurance system. This means that, regardless of who is at fault for the accident, an injury victim can recover compensation. Also, the injury victims must file a “first-party” claim for financial compensation with their own insurance company.
COMMON INJURIES IN CAR ACCIDENT CASES
Car accidents occur every day and many of them result in serious bodily injury. The following are some of the common injuries that can occur in car accidents in Kansas City:
- Head injury
- Neck and back sprains
- Injuries to shoulders and knees
- Wrongful death
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in a car accident, contact our experienced car accident attorneys to represent you while you focus on recovering.
In a car crash lawsuit, your attorney needs to investigate 4 key elements:
- That the defendant was driving recklessly and without the expected level of care required by law.
- If the defendant disobeyed any traffic signs or rules of the road when the accident occurred.
- That the plaintiff would not have sustained injuries if not for the collision.
- The full extent of the injured person’s medical bills, both presently and in the future, so as to achieve a fair settlement or trial verdict.
By gathering these facts, your legal counsel should be able to explain to a court how you were wronged. Several parties could be held liable for these preventable accidents, including the driver, the vehicle’s mechanic, or the vehicle manufacturer. An experienced personal injury attorney in Kansas City can help you pursue all the culpable entities.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
If you are involved in a preventable accident, remember these vital steps to ensure that you get all the information you need for your claim and to strengthen your case.
- Make sure everyone is ok. If anyone is injured, call 911 right away and get medical help. This is the single most important step after a car accident. Once you are certain that everyone is ok and anyone who needs help has been attended to, then you can move on to the next step.
- Move the vehicles out of traffic, if you’re able to safely do so. If you’re able to pull off to the side, do so. Don’t forget to turn on your hazard lights!
- Call the police. Filing an accident report will help with your injury claim. When the officer has finished taking their report, be sure you obtain the report number from them. It will take several days before the report is ready, but you and your insurance company will both want a copy of the report once it is finished.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Be sure to exchange the following: name, address, phone number, license plate number, driver’s license number and state, and insurance information. If there were any witnesses, ask for their contact information as well.
- Take pictures. Take pictures of everything at the scene of your accident: the damage to your car, the damage to the other party’s car, any visible injuries you may have sustained (cuts, bruises, etc.), the conditions of the road you are on, and any traffic control devices that may have been involved (stop signs, traffic signals, speed limit signs, etc.) All of these things could wind up being important later in the investigation, and having evidence to support your claims could make the difference between winning your case outright and sharing fault. It’s also a good idea to take pictures of the other driver’s license and insurance info in case anything was written down incorrectly.
Have more questions about what to do following your car accident? Check out our personal injury blog for timely tips and explanations including how to document the scene of an accident and what exactly goes into an accident investigation:
- Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
- Pregnancy and Seatbelts: Buckling Up Is Still the Best Option
- Auto Accident Investigations: Personal Injury Claims
- Documenting the Scene of a Car Accident
Don’t see an answer to your question? Reach out to us today! We’re always here to help.
OUR KANSAS CITY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP
Contact our office and ask about scheduling a free consultation. When our Kansas City personal injury lawyers meet with you, they listen and empathize with their situation. We want to fight for the end result that is in the client’s best interests, not our own.
We answer phones 24/7. Call us anytime at (816) 844-6938 or contact us online.
WHY WORK WITH
Attentive, Personalized Service
Confidential Legal Consultations Available
Focused on Finding Justice For All Our Clients
Licensed To Serve Missouri and Kansas
Committed to Keeping the Community Safe
We Don’t Represent Drunk Drivers, We Sue Drunk Drivers
CLIENTS HIGHLY RECOMMEND US
“Steve was always accessible, very engaging and truly went beyond the call of duty.”
“Steve Sanders is the best. He has a positive attitude and really cares about people.”
“Steve Sanders has been such a huge help, a blessing to me and my family.”
“Stephen Sanders was the best choice we could make for a lawyer.”
“These are the guys you need if you need an injury attorney. Very helpful, and informative, they look out for their clients. Thank you Sanders Law for taking great care of us.”