Making Our Community Safer.
One Case at a Time.
CONTACT US TODAY
LEGAL COUNSEL FROM PRACTICED KANSAS CITY BRAIN INJURY ATTORNEYSv
Skull fractures may accompany traumatic brain injuries. The skulls is the structure that houses and protects the brain from injury. Therefore, fracturing of the skull can be a very serious medical condition. In many circumstances a person that experiences a skull fracture must undergo brain surgery.
Skull fractures generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Simple Fractures: A simple skull fracture involves a break in the skull without damage to the skin surrounding the fracture.
- Linear Skull Fractures: Linear skull fractures are breaks in the skull that closely resemble a thin line. Distortion, splintering, or depression of the bone matter is not present in linear skulls fractures.
- Depressed Skull Fractures: When a skull is crushed or subjected to blunt force it can result in an inward breaking of the bone. This is referred to as a depressed skull fracture.
- Compound Fractures: A compound skull fracture refers to a skull fracture that includes a loss of skin or a break in the skin accompanied by splintering of the skull beneath.
- Fractures at the Base of the Skull: Fractures at the base of the skull involve leaking of the cerebrospinal fluid.
Speak with a Kansas City brain injury lawyer as soon as possible after sustaining a skull fracture. The team at Sanders.Law answer calls 24/7, call us at (816) 844-6938.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF A SKULL FRACTURE
Generally, skull fractures are diagnosed when a patient undergoes computed tomography (CT) testing. A CT scan is more reliable for diagnosing a skull fracture than is magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). An MRI is better suited to diagnose traumatic brain injuries. Some skull fractures do not require the assistance of imaging for a diagnosis as the fracture is quite evident by visual and physical examination.
Symptoms of a Skull Fracture:
- Bleeding from the wound
- Bruising under the eyes or behind the ears
- Loss of consciousness
- Changes in the pupils of the eyes
- Slurred speech
- Balancing issues
- Bloody or clear fluid draining from the ears or nose
- Visual disturbances
- Swelling of the head or site of injury
- Stiffening of the neck
- Nausea and vomiting
The treatment of skull fractures is dependent on several factors. A physician will assess the fracture and determine what treatment is best suited for the type of skull fracture involved.
Fractures at the base of the skull typically do not require surgery and heal on their own. Surgery may become necessary if the leaking of cerebrospinal fluid does not stop. Depressed skull fractures may require surgery especially if the skull puts pressure on the brain or there are pieces of the skull in the brain. Compound skull fractures may also require surgery depending on the extent of damage to the skull and brain.
SKULL FRACTURE LAWSUIT ATTORNEYS
Our attorneys have handled numerous personal injury cases involving skull fractures. When an individual sustains a skull fracture in a slip and fall accident, truck accident, car accident, or while participating in sports, they may be entitled to monetary compensation if it can be shown that another person’s negligent or intentional act caused the skull fracture. If you have suffered a skull fracture and you believe that another person is to blame, call our capable Kansas City brain injury attorneys today to schedule a consultation.
Call (816) 844-6938 and ask about scheduling a free consultation today.
WHY WORK WITH
Attentive, Personalized Service
Confidential Legal Consultations Available
Focused on Finding Justice For All Our Clients
Licensed To Serve Missouri and Kansas
Committed to Keeping the Community Safe
We Don’t Represent Drunk Drivers, We Sue Drunk Drivers
CLIENTS HIGHLY RECOMMEND US
“Steve was always accessible, very engaging and truly went beyond the call of duty.”
“I was extremely blessed to have Steve Sanders represent me after my injury. I could not express in words my appreciation for all their hard work. Nick Zevenbergen held my hand a lot through the process too. They defended me though depositions and helped me”
“Steve Sanders has been such a huge help, a blessing to me and my family.”