Making Our Community Safer.
One Case at a Time.
CONTACT US TODAY
KANSAS CITY MILD TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS
FIGHT FOR THE RECOVERY YOU DESERVE
According to the CDC, the causes of mild traumatic brain injuries differ among age groups. The youngest age group, 0 to 4 years of age, and the oldest age group, those over 65, were most often seen in emergency departments for traumatic brain injuries caused by falls. For those age 5 to 14, the cause of mild traumatic brain injury was nearly equally split between falls and being struck by or against an object. For age groups 15 to 24 and 25 to 44 the main reported causes for mild traumatic brain injuries were assaults, motor vehicle crashes, and falls.
Mild traumatic brain injuries are generally classified as concussions by physicians. They are described as “mild” for one main reason, they are not life threatening. Mild traumatic brain injuries are still serious and medical attention should be sought immediately. A jolt, bump or blow to the head can all cause a concussion, just as falls and blows to the body can. The CDC reports that there has been an increase of approximately 50% in the concussion rate per 100,000 people from 2001 to 2010.
Speak with one of Sanders.Law’s practiced brain injury attorneys
in Kansas City about legal action by calling (816) 844-6938.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF A MILD TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Those who experience a concussion or mild traumatic brain injury typically fully recover quickly. For some individuals, the signs and symptoms can last for days, weeks, and even longer. In some patients, the symptoms never resolve. Recovery tends to be slower for young children, teens, and the elderly.
The signs and symptoms of a mild traumatic brain injury generally fall into 4 categories:
- Memory and Thinking: Those who have experienced a mild traumatic brain injury may have difficulty remembering new information and difficulty concentrating. They also may feel slowed down and have difficulties thinking clearly.
- Emotions and Mood: Those who have recently suffered a mild traumatic brain injury may be more emotional than they normally are. They may also experience irritability and anxiety as well as feelings of sadness and nervousness.
- Physical: A mild traumatic brain injury may have physical symptoms such as headache, dizziness, fuzzy and/or blurred vision, and nausea. Physical symptoms may also include trouble balancing, lack of energy, and sensitivity to light and noise.
- Sleep: Those suffering from a mild traumatic brain injury may sleep less than normal, more than normal, or have difficulty falling asleep.
RECOVERING FROM A MILD TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Individuals who have experienced a mild traumatic brain injury are at greater risk of experiencing a similar injury in the future. It is important to take the time to fully recover before carrying on with your life. Without the proper time to heal, the injury may become worse over time. If you feel that you have recovered and return to your daily activities only to find that the symptoms return, you have not fully recovered and you should rest and consult with your doctor.
Tips to Help You Recover
- It is important to make sure you get plenty of rest during the day and extra sleep at night.
- Avoid activities that require high levels of focus and concentration.
- Avoid physically strenuous activities.
- Do not operate heavy machinery, drive a vehicle, or ride a bike until approved by your doctor.
- Do not take drugs or drink alcohol. Taking drugs not prescribed to you or drinking alcohol may actually further your injury.
A successful lawsuit can help you with efforts towards recovering from your preventable accident.
Call (816) 844-6938 to schedule a consultation with a seasoned Kansas City brain injury lawyer.
WHY WORK WITH
Attentive, Personalized Service
Confidential Legal Consultations Available
Focused on Finding Justice For All Our Clients
Licensed To Serve Missouri and Kansas
Committed to Keeping the Community Safe
We Don’t Represent Drunk Drivers, We Sue Drunk Drivers
CLIENTS HIGHLY RECOMMEND US
“These are the guys you need if you need an injury attorney. Very helpful, and informative, they look out for their clients. Thank you Sanders Law for taking great care of us.”
“I was extremely blessed to have Steve Sanders represent me after my injury. I could not express in words my appreciation for all their hard work. Nick Zevenbergen held my hand a lot through the process too. They defended me though depositions and helped me”
“Steve was always accessible, very engaging and truly went beyond the call of duty.”
“Steve Sanders is the best. He has a positive attitude and really cares about people.”